SUMMARY: The COVID-19 daily positivity rate in Palm Beach County has been steady at around 5% but was at 7.23% on December 17, 2020. Be vigilant in following CDC guidelines. Wear a face covering. Wash your hands. Practice social distancing. A mandatory face covering order remains in effect for Palm Beach County through December 21, 2020. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the safest way to celebrate the holidays is at home with the people with whom you live. Per the CDC, gatherings with family and friends who do not live with you can increase the chances of getting or spreading COVID-19 or the flu.
CDC’S HOLIDAY AND TRAVEL GUIDANCE: Everyone can make the winter holidays safer. Click here for guidance from the CDC!
TESTING & HEALTH:
- NEW – All testing sites will be closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- The City of West Palm Beach reminds residents that COVID-19 testing is available in our city. The C.L. Brumback Primary Care Clinic, a walk-up testing site that is operated by the Health Care District of Palm Beach County, is one nearby option. Individuals can be any age and need not be symptomatic to be registered and tested. You must call the Health Care District’s Testing Hotline (561) 642-1000 to be scheduled in advance for testing.
- C. L. Brumback Primary Care Clinic
- 1150 45th Street
- Mondays – Thursdays, 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Interactive testing map: An interactive testing map, created by PBC, features over 70 testing sites. The map will help residents find the closest private or community-based testing location for them. Several of the sites are government supported and have free testing with a variety of restrictions and processes. Many others are private labs, urgent care facilities or pharmacies that will bill your insurance. Click here to see the interactive testing map!
- Testing offered by the Health Care District: (561) 423-1000.
- ELC Childcare Scholarships program available –– To learn more, click here!
- PBC, Legal Aid Society establish FREE legal assistance program with for COVID-19 landlord/tenant disputes: Click here to learn more!
- Interactive Map of Palm Beach County Food Sites: Click here!
- Food Stamps Application Assistance: The City’s Housing and Community Development Department will help residents with food stamps applications. Call (561) 822-1274 (TTY: 800-955-8771) to schedule an appointment.
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH OPERATIONS, REOPENINGS:
- NEW – The City of West Palm Beach has extended the State of Emergency through December 22, 2020.
- Outdoor events requiring City services and/or permits may be conducted with certain provisions. Indoor events held in City-owned/operated facilities are capped at 50%. Read the order here.
- City of West Palm Beach Parks Amenities – OPEN
- Grassy Waters Preserve (select facilities) – OPEN
- Cypress Boardwalk
- Hog Hammock Trail,
- Eagle Trail (fishing pier remains closed for maintenance),
- Owahee Trail,
- Watershed Management Entrance, 8537 Northlake Boulevard, and
- Apoxee Entrance, 3125 Jog Road.
- Visitors Center (by appointment only– call the center at (561) 804-4985 (TTY 800-955-8771)).
- Public Meetings: The City of West Palm Beach has resumed in-person Commission and CRA meetings. In keeping with Centers for Disease Control & Prevention guidelines as well as PBC’s directive on face coverings, face coverings will be required for entry into City Hall and Commission Chambers. Social distancing protocols are to be followed. Temperature checks are conducted upon entry to City Hall.While the public may be present to provide comment during in-person City Commission and CRA meetings, the public will still have the option of providing their comments electronically. To submit a typewritten public comment electronically, please visit the City’s public comment portal on the City’s website. Please visit: https://www.wpb.org/i-want-to/public-comment. City Commission meetings, CRA meetings and other select City public meetings are broadcast on WPB-TV, which may be viewed on Comcast’s Channel 18, on the City’s website, or on social media channels (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter).
- GreenMarket: The City of West Palm Beach’s GreenMarket has officially kicked-off its 26th season! The GreenMarket will be held every Saturday through April 17, 2021, except for dates that fall within the Palm Beach International Boat Show. The GreenMarket is held on the Great Lawn (100 N. Clematis Street) from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Enhanced safety measures are in place. To learn more, click here!
- Mandel Public Library: The Mandel Public Library of West Palm Beach is open to business with limited in-person services. To help plan your visit, please note adjustments have been made to help improve the safety and experience of our valued library patrons during COVID-19. For information, click here!
- Sandi, Holiday in Paradise returns for December: Sandi, the world’s only 35-foot, 700-ton holiday sand tree has returned to the waterfront. Sandi will host nightly music and light shows through December 31, 2020 with social distancing rules in place. For more information, click here!
- Trolley Service: City of West Palm Beach trolley service has been suspended until further notice.
RECENT ACTIONS UNDERTAKEN BY OUR PARTNERS AT STATE, LOCAL GOVERNMENTS AND AGENCIES:
- PBC Emergency Order Issued Extending Mandatory Facial Coverings through 12/21/20– PBC has extended the emergency order mandating face coverings. Click here to read the Order! Per PBC, face coverings must be worn by all persons, other than those specifically exempted, while obtaining any good or service or otherwise visiting or working in any business or establishment, including entering, exiting, and otherwise moving around within the establishment. Facial coverings must be worn by all persons in public places where social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines is not possible or not being practiced. All persons accessing governmental buildings for the purposes of conducting public business, visitation, contracting, maintenance, delivery, or any other activity requiring a presence in a governmental building shall wear face coverings as defined by the CDC at all times while present in the building. A face covering includes any covering which snugly covers the nose and mouth, whether store bought or homemade, mask or clothing covering including but not limited to, a scarf, bandana, handkerchief, or other similar cloth covering and which is secured in place. More specific guidance is contained in the order. All businesses and establishments shall ensure compliance with the provisions of this order and shall establish a process for verification of compliance upon customer entry into the establishment. Specific signage must be displayed in the business and is attached to the order and available online. Retail Sign. Restaurant Sign. Signage must be posted conspicuously for easy visibility at all entry points.
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH COVID-19 STATISTICAL DATA – To view data, click here!
- Questions: Questions for the City can be emailed to 822@WPB.ORG. The Mayor’s Special Response Hotline is (561) 822-2222.
- Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline: (866) 779-6121 or email email@example.com with questions.
- COVID-19 Compliance Task Force: This task force receives and follows up on reports of non-compliance related to CDC and State guidelines for operating businesses. To report potential violations, call (561-24COVID or send an email to CovidCompliance@pbcgov.org.
- Testing offered by the Health Care District: (561) 423-1000.
- To view City, County and State executive orders pertaining to the public health emergency, click here!
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 FROM THE CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH, click here!