Featured Stories

Woman nearly goes blind after mistaking nail glue for eye drops

tree palm weather Hurricane or tropical storm wind buffeting palm trees

A Michigan woman nearly went blind after she put glue in her eyes because she mistook glue for her eye drops.

Yacedrah Williams told WXYZ she was still groggy after waking up in the middle of the night when she went to remove her contact lenses.

When Williams reached in her purse for eye drops she instead grabbed nail glue, which is about the same size and has a similar shape as the eye drop bottle.

Unfortunately, Williams didn’t realize the mistake until it was too late.

“I tried to wipe it away and it sealed my eye shut,” Willaims told the station.

Her husband immediately called 911 and she was rushed to the hospital where doctors were able to open her eye and remove her contact lens.

Doctors told Williams the contact likely saved her vision.