Woman accidentally swallows engagement ring while sleeping

stock photo

A California woman says she had to have stomach surgery to remove her engagement ring that she accidentally swallowed while she was sleeping.

The woman, Jenna Evans, told reporters that the whole thing occurred Tuesday night during a dream.

According to the report, Evans says she was dreaming that she and her fiance were on a speeding train fighting off “bad guys.” At some point during the dream, her fiance told her to swallow her ring to protect it.

Evans says when she woke up the next day, she noticed her engagement ring was no longer on her hand.

“When I woke up and it was not on my hand, I knew exactly where it was,” Evans said. “It was in my stomach.”

Doctors confirmed that the ring was in fact in her stomach and worked on a plan to get it.  A gastroenterologist suggested that they perform a surgery on Evans instead of letting it pass the natural way, especially because the situation was starting to become painful for Evans.

Thankfully the surgery was successful and doctors were able to return the ring to Evans in one piece.

Evans says she is grateful that doctors were able to get her ring back and says she now takes the ring off when it is time for bed.

SHARE