Featured Stories

Video Shows Passengers Attacking Employees at Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Three airline employees were injured during an attack by three women on Tuesday night at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, and it was all caught on video.

Officials with Spirit Airlines said the three employees suffered minor injuries when three guests “became combative following a delayed flight.”

According to Broward Sheriff’s Office arrest reports, the three women hit the airplane employees “with miscellaneous items, such as phones, shoes, full water bottles, metal boarding signs and fast food.”

The incident occurred outside the gate of a flight heading to Philadelphia that was delayed.

“The victims were also punched and kicked in different sections of their bodies numerous times,” the arrest documents state.

The three women who were arrested are all from Philadelphia:

-20-year-old Tymaya Wright was arrested on charges of touch or strike battery and petit theft for allegedly taking a Spirit employee’s phone.

-22-year-old Danaysha Dixon was arrested on charges of or strike battery.

-21-year-old Keira Ferguson was arrested on charges of touch or strike battery.

They were taken to the Broward County Jail, and were released on bond Wednesday morning.

Miramar-based Spirit Airlines released the following statement:

“We thank our Team Members for their professionalism and quick actions, and we also thank the Broward Sheriff’s Office for their assistance at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport yesterday. Three Guests became combative following a delayed flight, and they were arrested for physically assaulting our Team Members.”

Three of our Team Members sustained minor injuries. This violent behavior is completely unacceptable and has absolutely no place in airports or any other place of business. We will not tolerate abusive behavior of any kind. Further questions about this incident should be referred to law enforcement,” the statement continued.

The Broward Sheriff’s Office says its investigation is ongoing, and the women could face additional charges.