Featured Stories | News

Teen saves family from house fire after they lost their sense of smell from COVID-19

A Texas teen saved her family after a fire broke out in their home.

According to reports, a Texas family lost their sense of smell after contracting COVID-19, when a fire broke out in their house and they couldn’t smell the smoke. One of the most common symptoms of Covid-19 is a loss of smell or taste.

The only family member who didn’t have the virus was 17-year-old Bianca Rivera. She smelled smoke in their home in Waco early Friday, and quickly evacuated her three family members and their four dogs.

“I started smelling burnt plastic. That’s when I got more alert and I ran outside of my room,” Bianca said. “I couldn’t even pass the hallway because it was filled with so much smoke.” Bianca told reporters.

She was able to get her 3 family members, and 4 dogs out of the burning house safely.