Starting May 28th, Floridians can purchase important items to have on hand during hurricane season tax free.
Some of the items exempt from state sales tax include:
• Pet leashes, collars, muzzles and pads costing $20 or less
• Flashlights, lanterns and pet beds costing $40 or less
• Batteries and weather radios costing $50 or less
• Smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers costing $70 or less
• Tarps and portable pet kennels costing $100 or less
• Generators costing $1,000 or less
The tax holiday runs from May 28th through Friday, June 10th. See a list of other tax-exempt items here.