A Tamarac man is facing additional charges of kidnapping and sexual battery, following his recent arrest for allegedly sexually assaulting an unconscious man in a car.
Authorities say that 51-year-old Javier Isaac Nepton was arrested last January for a sexual battery and kidnapping that occurred back in 2016, court records show.
However, a second case has resulted in the latest charges, and a prosecutor hints there could be more coming.
According to the arrest reports, the two incidents were similar. The men would be drinking in a Fort Lauderdale bar and would then suddenly black out.
They would wake up feeling groggy in a parked car, while Nepton sexually assaulted them.
The men said they would lapse in and out of consciousness, unable to fight back, and add that they had not given their consent.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office says one man was bitten and bruised, requiring him to receive care at a sexual assault treatment center.
At Nepton’s court appearance on Saturday morning, a Broward County assistant state attorney said there had been “numerous recent incidents of similar behavior.”
Meanwhile, the public defender responded that there was no proof the alleged victim in the latest incident had not given his consent and then had regretted the situation.
Broward Judge John D. Fry set bonds totaling $255,000, although Nepton is already being held without bond for the previous kidnapping charge.