Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava is reporting that two additional bodies have been discovered at the Champlin Towers Friday including that of a Fire fighter’s 7-year-old.
“Last night was uniquely different. It was truly different and more difficult for our first responders,” Levine Cava said. “These men and women are paying an enormous human toll each and every day,” Cava said in a press conference.
The death toll now stands at 22 since the overnight collapse of the South tower on June 24th.
So far 188 people have been accounted for but 126 people are still missing.
Reports indicate that no one has been rescued since the first hours after the collapse, however, officials are still hopeful that they can still find survivors.
“We know we still have several individuals missing, and that’s kind of our primary focus, to see if we have survivors,” Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Chief Alan Cominsky said.
Read more about the collapse here.