Several Shake Shack employees have been cleared of wrongdoing after three officers became extremely ill while consuming milkshakes from the restaurant.
The incident was reported on Monday at the burger chain on 200 Broadway Shack in Manhattan.
According to the report, a cleaning substance was found in their milkshakes, which caused the illness.
All three officers were taken to an area hospital where they were treated for their illness and later released.
The establishment released a statement saying that they were “horrified” by the report of the officers becoming ill and that they were working with investigators to get to the bottom of what happened.
After the investigation, Chief of Detectives Rodney Harrison released a statement saying that the NYPD found no criminality on the part of Shake Shack’s employees and that the machine that produced the milkshake was improperly cleaned, leaving residue from a cleaning agent or bleach inside.