Featured Stories

Pregnant woman accused of murdering 3-year-old

police Black and white close-up of silver handcuffs

TACOMA, WA– A 25-year-old pregnant woman has been charged with the murder of her 3-year-old son.
Ivey Lewis was taken into custody on Sunday following an investigation into her unresponsive son’s injuries.
According to the report, authorities received a call from a friend of the mother who went to her apartment to hang out with her after the Super Bowl.
When the friend arrived, Lewis told them that she believed there was something wrong with her 3 -year-old.
The friend told authorities that he found the child on the floor of a bedroom, wrapped in a blanket.
The child was cold to the touch and unresponsive.
When authorities arrived, they found the child on the bed wrapped in a blanket with his one-year-old brother sitting next to him.
First responders reported that they began CPR but “it was quickly obvious” that the child was dead and could not be revived.
Authorities also reported that the child’s body was already “very stiff” and that he had “no pulse.”
Lewis told authorities that the child has been sleeping next to a heater when she found him unresponsive so she moved him to the bedroom and called authorities.
Authorities noticed that the heater in the apartment was set to maximum, making the apartment so hot that it was “hard to breathe.”
They also found that the child had several new and old bruises on his face, marks on his arms and legs, and several puncture wounds consistent with being tased.
Lewis told authorities that the child was released to her from the foster care system six months prior and had a habit of running into the walls of the apartment.
Investigators reported that Lewis’ story did not add up and took her into custody.
Lewis is being held on a $2 million bond for first-degree murder and two counts of second-degree murder charges. Lewis has also been ordered not to have any contact with her surviving child. She is in custody while pregnant with her third child.