Mike Richards is out as executive producer of “Jeopardy!” and “Wheel of Fortune,” Sony Pictures.
Television executive Suzanne Prete announced Tuesday in an email statement to staffers of two game shows.
“We had hoped that when Mike stepped down from the host position at “Jeopardy!” it would have minimized the disruption and internal difficulties we have all experienced these last few weeks. That clearly has not happened,” Prete said.
Richards was chosen earlier this month as the successor to Alex Trebek, a decision that was controversial among viewers and the general public.
Several lawsuits have been filed by former models against the show alleging discriminatory behavior, including which named Richards who was a producer on “The Price is Right.”
He was reportedly dropped from it before a settlement was reached.
Prete said Michael Davies, the British television producer and CEO of Embassy Row, will help with production of the shows on an interim basis.
Many fans of the show and Alex Trebek expressed severe disappointment in Mike being picked to replace the iconic gameshow host via Twitter.
Trebek hosted the show for 37 seasons, died last November.