Featured Stories

Man sleeping in car dies after it catches fire

Ambulance Staff in Attendance
“Two Ambulance paramedics in attendance at an outdoor event. Copy space,”

A man in his 60s is dead after the van he was sleeping in caught fire overnight.

The incident was reported around 6 a.m. Sunday, in the driveway of a home in Houston, Texas.

The Houston Fire Department says they responded to the scene near Tierwester Street and Rebecca Street to find a van engulfed in flames.

Witnesses told police that the man was parked in the driveway of a relatives house and decided to light several candles inside the van to keep warm.

Despite the story witnesses gave, authorities have yet to note what they believe started the fire. An investigation is ongoing.