Crime Blotter | Featured Stories | News

Man arrested after fight with neighbor over water hose

AP PhotoJohn Raoux - 2022-03-17T122034.964
Riviera Beach police department

A Riviera Beach man is now facing charges after he allegedly assaulted his neighbor who took measures to prevent him from using her water hose without permission.

The assault took place on Sunday.

The victim told authorities that another neighbor notified her that her neighbor Foski McCord, had been using her water without permission. The woman says “she placed a zip tie in order to prevent him from doing so further.”

Foski noticed the 45-year-old woman took measures to prevent him from using the hose and walked over to her apartment to argue with her.

The woman told police that she began to feel threatened by the suspect so she just went back inside her apartment and shut the door.

According to the report, that’s when McCord began banging on the victim’s door “loudly and repeatedly, damaging the victim’s Ring doorbell camera valued at approximately $250,” Riviera Beach Police said.

McCord then reportedly noticed that the victim’s door was left unlocked and “the suspect physically opened the door to her residence and entered.”

“Once inside the residence, the suspect initiated a verbal dispute, during which without being provoked, struck the victim in the face/mouth with a closed fist, causing a tooth to be dislodged from her mouth. Additionally, the victim suffered lacerations to her mouth and a bloody nose. While speaking with the victim, officers observed blood actively leaking from the victim’s nose,” police said in the report.

McCord then left the victim’s residence and returned with a hammer. That’s when the victim’s son got involved. The son reportedly grabbed a hammer of his own and stood between McCord and his mother.

That’s when McCord began taunting the son before threatening that he was going to return with a gun. McCord then left the residence.

The victim contacted police, who came to the apartment and treated her for her injuries.

McCord was said to have returned to the apartment around 1 p.m. and was arrested by police.

He has since been charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill, and one count each of felony battery, burglary with assault/battery, and criminal mischief for damaged property.

He was released on bail on Wednesday.