Florida Man Dies after Vape Pen Explodes

(AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh, File)

Medical examiners have confirmed that a man from St. Petersburg, Florida has died due to injuries caused by his vape pen.
The incident occurred Saturday at a home at 316 19th Avenue NE.

Firefighters responded to a fire at the home and found 38-year-old Tallmadge Wakeman D’Elia severely burned over 45% of his body in one of the upstairs bedrooms. The 38-year-old was rushed to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
During the initial investigation, authorities discovered a vape pen which they later determined caused the fire.
A study conducted by FEMA/ US Fire Administration found that e-cigarettes and vape pens are known to cause explosions and due to their distinct shape, they can act as “flaming rockets.”

 

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

Mother of 3 Killed While Ordering Breakfast at McDonalds Drive-thru Mentally Ill Woman Charged with Destroying Florida Cemetery FBI claims Hackers will Steal Millions from Cash Machines! If You Don’t Pay For A Soda… John Quinones joins Rich Stevens! U.S. denies involvement in Venezuela President assassination attempt
Comments