VOLUSIA COUNTY, FL–
A registered sex offender who made headlines after he was acquitted for sexually assaulting a woman, has been arrested for violating the conditions of his parole in another case.
Jason Minton was taken into custody on Thursday for failing to properly register as a sex offender.
Officials say Minton was using two different e-mail addresses and a phone number that he never reported to authorities.
Minton made headlines in 2020 after he was seen on surveillance video dragging an unconscious woman out of a restaurant in Ormond Beach and putting her into his truck.
He returned an hour later with the woman and put her into her car before driving away.
The woman told authorities that she met Minton at her job at a gas station and that he lured her to a restaurant with a job offer of better pay.
During the interview, Minton was said to have had wine for himself and ordered the victim shots.
The victim later woke up at her mother’s home in pain.
After seeking medical attention, the woman brought charges against Minton stating that he sexually assaulted her.
Minton was allowed to walk out of jail last month after a jury acquitted him of the charges. Officials, however, noted that because Minton is already a registered sex offender from a 1998 case, he must “remain in strict compliance with the law,” to avoid more jail time.
According to public records, Minton was convicted on a charge of performing lewd and lascivious acts on a minor under the age of 16 in 1998.
As of Thursday evening, Minton was booked into the Volusia County Jail where he remains without bond.
CASE UPDATE: Jason Minton, who was recently acquitted of kidnapping and sexual battery charges in an @OrmondBeachPD case, was arrested today by Volusia Sheriff detectives on 3 counts of failure to properly register as a sex offender. pic.twitter.com/CYTXgEq6km
— Volusia Sheriff (@VolusiaSheriff) September 8, 2022