OCALA- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill here today providing ten sales tax holidays on a variety of items between May of 2022 through June of 2024.
“In Florida, we are going to support our residents and help them afford the goods that they need,” DeSantis said at the signing.
The lists of items that will be tax free are:
- Gasoline and diesel, October 1, through October 31, 2022
- Children’s books, May 14 through August 14, 2022
- Baby clothes, July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023
- Back to school items including clothing, shoes, backpacks, and school supplies, July 25 through August 7
- Disaster preparedness items including flashlights, radios, tarps, batteries, and fire extinguishers, May 28 through June 10, 2022
- Tools and other home improvement items, September 3 through September 9, 2022,
- Impact resistant windows, doors, and garage doors, from July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2024
- Energy Star Appliances, July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023