Dallas Police Shooter Identified

Dallas Police officers have released the identity of the shooter who killed five police officers and injured seven others at the Black Lives Matter protest in Dallas Thursday night.

The shooter who has been identified as a 25-year-old Micah X. Johnson, was an army veteran, who served a tour in Afghanistan. Johnson had no criminal history, and was said to live in the Dallas area with his mother.  A black SUV found at the scene was registered to Johnson’s mother , Delphene Johnson. Neighbors of Johnson said he would often talk about how many guns he had. Investigators were seen taking several bags from Johnson’s home seeming to validate neighbors story.


(Photo Courtesy of Facebook)

A “black Power” poster posted to Johnson’s Facebook page in May, as well as his use of a  pan-African flag as his cover photo have some speculating that he was also a Black Panther sympathizer.

During a stand off lasting several hours, Johnson told police that he was upset about the recent police shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana, and wanted to kill as many white people and white cops as he could.  He also expressed anger with Black lives Matter, and told police that “the end was coming.”


(Photo courtesy Facebook.com)

Johnson also told police, he did not belong to any group or organization, and that everything that happened that night, he did alone. However it was reported early Friday that officers did arrest three other people, including a woman who was standing in the same parking garage where the shooter and police officers exchanged fire. It is unclear if this report is true or if  the suspects have been released.

Investigators originally said they believe there to be several snipers, and are still interviewing witnesses, and suspects to rule out the possibility.

The Mayor said the officers who were patrolling the otherwise peace protest, and those who responded to gun fire, were ambushed and that this was a calculated and evil attack.

Johnson shot and killed five officers and injured seven others. One of the officers killed in the shooting was a DART officer who was said to have just gotten married a week prior to the attack.   Two civilians  were also shot but are believed to just have been hit by stray bullets. Both civilians suffered non life-threatening wounds.

Johnson was killed when police detonated a robot bomb near him, after a stand off, lasting several hours.  Officer Brown said they did everything they could to try to bring the suspect in, however they could not get near him or negotiate with him.

“We tried to negotiate for several hours, negotiations broke down, we had an exchange of gunfire with the suspect,” Brown said. “We saw no other option but to use our bomb-robot and place a device on its extension for it to detonate where the suspect was. Other options would have exposed our officers to grave danger. The suspect is dead a result of detonating the bomb.

(Featured Photo: LM Otero / Associated Press)




Kavanaugh accuser accepts request to testify before Senate Committee Senate Judiciary aide assisting in Kavanaugh scandal resigns amid sexual harassment allegation REPORT: NFL raking in revenue despite drop in TV ratings ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ demonstrators protest in Palm Beach Gardens Kavanaugh accuser has until 2:30 p.m. to decide to testify 25 people dead after four gunmen open fire at Iran military parade