Featured Stories

13-year-old dies of drug overdose during a sleepover

Police
(Photo by Larry W. Smith/Getty Images)

Three adults have been arrested after a 13-year-old boy overdosed on drugs found in the household during a sleepover.

Missouri police reported that they were called to the home on Sunday around 9:00 am after the 13-year-old was found dead in his 12-year-old friend’s room.

Authorities say the 12-year-old told investigators that they had been playing video games and experimenting with drugs they found in the house after the adults in the home went to bed.

Officials reported that “the 12-year-old was showing signs of being under the influence of something,” Sitzes said. “He was quite lethargic, and not quite with it.”

According to the report, the 13-year-old was last seen alive by the adults at 11:00 p.m.

The children, however, reportedly stayed up until 1:00 a.m.

After searching the home, investigators found several prescription drugs as well as methamphetamine and capsules possibly containing heroin or fentanyl.

The 12-year-old’s mother, the child’s stepfather, and another man who rented a room in the basement of the home where all arrested.